Hello beautiful ones and very lovely and sacred holidays to all! Whatever you are celebrating at this special time of year, I wish for you, and for all of us, the lightness of inner peace. When each of us, no matter what our circumstances, find our way back to the Center Within, there will be the peace on earth that our hearts long to manifest.
I needn’t remind you of what a challenging year it’s been. Many of us are feeling it in our bones, muscles, and organs. Some major illusions have been ripped away, perhaps leaving us confused or frightened. For many, the concept of “safety” has altered dramatically. Many feel restless, anxious, angry, and perhaps very eager to heed the call to action clanging in our hearts. We may not know with clarity what we are being called to do – but we are on alert that change is happening now and full of potential opportunity. As the mystical poet Rumi wrote: “You must ask for what you really want. Don’t go back to sleep!”
What do you want? If you aren’t asleep, you may be truly understanding how poignantly fleeting this particular physical lifetime is. But where to go and how to go, day-by-day, with this understanding? Here are some suggestions/reminders of what to bring into the brand new year:
- Bring your intention to keep going within! Find the inner freedom of peace within every day. You need to make the Center Within your home base. All good flows from there! Establishing a daily meditation or self-reflection time is important. Take your relationships there for inner council. Take your work in the world there for advice and blessings. Take your health problems there for healing. Listen within, then act externally as directed.
- Ask your Higher Self (or whatever you consider a higher Source) to show you both your shortcomings and your talents. Ask for the humility to see yourself with clarity. Edge up close to the darker places where you could have done better or given more. Just see this stuff. See it with non-judgement and open curiosity, as if you were looking at a painting; for you are a work of art, and a work of art in progress.
- Accept these dis-owned parts of yourself with compassion; for compassion is the gift of acceptance. Open your heart to these misguided, fearful, imperfectly perfect parts of yourself. See if you can muster some radical self-acceptance. As you open your heart to yourself, grace comes in the form of forgiveness. With self-forgiveness comes the ability to start anew, each and every day – to let go of the past and release your inner burdens of guilt, shame, and self-rejection! With forgiveness comes new energy, new choices, and the lightness of inner peace.
- Love, love, love this beautiful and horrifying world that’s evolved from the collective unconsciousness. Accept all the people in your life who, if they could have done better, would have done better…for given the unconsciousness and programing that we’ve all inherited, we go through life in various stages of being asleep. Accepting people’s limitations does not mean approval of them. It just means that you aren’t resisting the idea or the fact of them. They exist. What you do with your acceptance is your choice. Acceptance is freedom!
- Know that you aren’t alone. There is a Higher Power for good working within each of us and in the world. There are invisible forces of Light urging us all to grow and evolve. The Light shines through other people, in the natural world, in literature, art, music, all forms of creativity and science … Seek the Light to renew your spirit.
- Be the consciousness you want to see in the world. Baby step by baby step, make daily decisions to push beyond your fear, self-sabotage, and the inability to give yourself over to love and growth and peace. Be a warrior for living life fully and courageously in the face of heartbreak, violence, and death.
- Be grateful. Fill your consciousness with gratitude rather than negativity. Seek the higher perspective always. Keep your eye on the good and let that steer your flight. Affirm the good daily. Let the vibration of goodness lift your spirits, for the energy of gratitude does that. Sometimes we need some help feeling gratitude – reach out for help when you need it. Others can help lift your energy and spirit. We need each other for that!
So fly high, little dove. As you are making plans or resolutions for the new year, please know that I am here to help in whatever way I can. If you are interested in becoming a Oneness Deeksha Giver and/or going deeper- and higher – in clearing and manifesting the life you want, considering taking the weekend Oneness Awakening Course that my colleague Savita Jachim and I are teaching at Infinity Foundation in the Chicago area on Feb. 11 and 12. You can check out a short video we made about the course and register here: This course offers CEU’s for therapists, by the way.
Love to all and wishes for an amazing and truly empowering 2017!